On Friday, 04/11/2016, the results of the study Digital-networked thinking in production have been presented at a press conference in Frankfurt a./M.
In this study, funded by the IMPULS-foundation of VDMA (German Mechanical Engineering Industry Association), ILIN analyzed the status of digital networking in German engineering companies and the therefor necessary key competences. Based on a survey of VDMA-members and interviews, it is shown that many companies already pursue a digitalization strategy. Many even have developed appropriate products and services, recognising a concrete added value for their customers in networking and digitalization, and being aware that these are relevant progressions for the future. Action is required when not all business units have been consequently included in the change, or the necessary key competences can’t be all developed indoors.
The complete study can be found on the website of the IMPULS foundation. Furthermore, ILIN has developed an online self-assessment for companies that want to test their own digitalization status and compare it to companies of similar sizes.
With its diverse competences, ILIN supports interested companies
- in a holistic Quick-Check (strategy, technology, organization, competences, products and business models) of the already reached status in the implementation of digital networking (industry 4.0),
- in the analysis of required key competences for the digital networking and the development of appropriate arrangements,
- in the development of a strategic roadmap of important future activities on the way to a digital-networked company,
- in the analyses and development of new business models for the digital-networking/Industry 4.0
- in the analyses and implementation of agile methods and suitable frameworks (security, processes) for a digital-networked transformation