Context of the project and motivation
Companies with superior productivity (“Value Creation Champions”) create a lot of value in-house and act cautiously about outsourcing. Therefore, they have to master a wider set of competencies than less integrated companies do. A key success factor here are experienced employees with overview and integration knowledge, which is beginning to erode in the course of demographic change. The ChampNet project is developing a concept to enable Value Creation Champions to identify their central integration and network competencies and provide them to a broad group of employees via networking and personnel development supported by social media. This concept provides a high incentive for both old and young employees to provision and share individual core competencies based on attractive content and easy access. In addition, a reference model to identify key employees in companies is being developed. All solutions are tested iteratively and are widely evaluated widely.
Goals and results
In view of the outlined situation, the ChampNet project pursues the goal of enabling value creation champions to make more effective use of critical integration and network competencies and thereby noticeably improve their ability to innovate in the course of demographic change. Among others, the objectives of the project are:
- An initial, comprehensive survey and typology of the central overview, integration and network competencies that Value Creation Champions need to maintain and protect and which members of staff possess these critical competencies.
- The conception of a reference model to identify the key personnel that possesses critical competences in the described areas of competences as well as incentives and methods to motivate and consolidate competence networking and competence transfer of experienced employees with and to other employees in the respective companies or with suitable external experts from other companies or research institutions.
- The conceptual development of an overall concept of a social media environment. This concept contains a personnel development strategy as well as an introduction strategy for a work-integrated networking of experienced employees who possess experienced based network and integration competences. It provides a high incentive for both old and young employees to provision and share individual core competencies based on attractive content and easy access. By this, the concept supports a goal-oriented exchange of experience as well as optimized learning through media usage.
- The technical implementation in a scalable basic version of the support approaches contained in the developed concepts and the reference model
- The iterative testing and introduction of the developed concepts and their technical implementation in the involved partner companies.
- The comprehensive evaluation of the concepts developed and validation of the conceptual “kernels” for transfer to other companies.
- The development of sample proposals for the documentation of extended and acquired competences in curricula.